Simple and healthy recipe that you will enjoy!
1.5 lb. Asparagus
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 oz. Halloumi cheese, sliced into squares 1/2 inch in thickness
1 cups grape tomatoes, Halved
1/4 cup sherry reserve vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
- Dressing: Mix the dressing in a bowl (Vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic powder).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus spears on a large oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Roast in the 400 degrees F heated-oven for 10-15 minutes. Let aside and let it cool.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 t olive oil on medium heat. pan fry the halloumi cheese. When the cheese turns golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grape tomatoes with the fried halloumi and toss them together with the dressing.
- Assemble the asparagus on a serving platter and top with the tomato and halloumi mixture. Add the basil leaves.